Today I made a pasta salad to bring along to a family birthday party. It was the second time in my life making it; I love pasta salad, so I am not quite sure why I’ve only made it TWICE.
Not only am I an amateur at pasta salad making, but today was the first time I have ever made dairy free food for other people! I was eyeballing everyone’s plates to make sure they were trying it, and most importantly eating it…and they were! Are you ready for the recipe?
Fresh Veggie Pasta Salad
- Whole wheat rotini (or your noodle of choice). I used a whole 13.5oz box.
- One large zucchini, sliced.
- One yellow pepper, sliced.
- One red pepper, sliced.
- One box (carton) of grape tomatoes, halved.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette. I used 6 oz. of Open Nature’s Balsamic Vinaigrette. and 4 oz. of Annie’s Balsamic Vinaigrette.
I cooked the noodles until they were al dente, drained the hot water and cooled the noodles down with cold water and drained again. Then I poured in the 4 ounces of Annie’s dressing and 4 ounces of the Open Nature dressing and stuck the noodles in the fridge. I then washed my and cut my veggies, when I was done chopping each veggie I tossed them into a bowl of about 2 ounces of the Open Nature dressing so that they could marinate a little. When I was done I dumped the contents of the bowl into the bowl of pasta, and tossed it all together. Bellissimo!